Friday, February 12, 2016

Shapes & Colors Game


I work part time, and B goes to school during the day, but when we're home I love to play the color game with her! It's so simple and easy to set up. 

I'm sure you have all of the objects in one form or another. If not go to the dollar store and pick some up on your break, day off, whenever! 

What you need::
Construction paper
Crayons
Solid colored object:: blocks, numbers, letters, in our case we used the bath foam shapes!
Master drawing skills 


Step 1. Draw out as many shapes, in as many colors as you want. Bella is only 2 so we started out with the basics! That concludes your steps! I felt like I was in a bad episode of blues clues drawing out the shapes! But I think they came out pretty good !


So we did it a couple different ways, one is to ask them to pick out all the green ones and put them on the green triangle. So on and so forth. You can even hand them the color one by one mixing it up. Another fun way is race to the shape/color! 

This is so simple but it gets them thinking and I just love an excuse to draw and color! 

No comments:

Post a Comment