Tuesday, January 26, 2016

DIY Inspirational Quote


For the longest time we wanted to get matching furniture for our master bedroom. We finally indulged in a rustic style set. Our night stands were a lot larger than a normal nightstand (meaning more crap to pile up & dust to collect). 

Our golden retriever who thinks he is a human is a great site in your face at 7 a.m., but why not something inspirational? I decided to decorate my nightstand; one trip to hobby lobby and $20 later I had everything I needed. There are so many amazing sayings and quotes to chose from but I decided on one! 

What you will need::
Sheet of paper
Permanent marker 
11 x 14 frame (hobby lobby normally has them on sale for 50% off)
8 x 10 border ($2.99 at hobby lobby)
Small glass vase
Faux flowers of your choice 
Books 

You can use any type of quote and  any writing, I used a thick permanent marker because I liked the way it turned out on paper. Once you get that written out, frame it! And wa-la you have a piece of art that looks like something you bought at a over priced boutique. 

 


Now to decorating your nightstand! You always want a stand alone piece of inspirational art, flowers (faux ones work just as good & easier to maintain), a vase of your choice. I picked up one from Hobby Lobby for $2.50. Of course, books; you can use ones you have laying around or buy some you will eventually want to read. Last thing needed is a nice lamp in the empty space, I just haven't found one that I absolutely love! 

Good luck on your decorating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment